Fri, May 05|
Loyalsock State Forest
Women's Slow Forest Bathing Backpacking Trip | Waitlist
Join the waitlist for this mindful Slow Forest Bathing Backpacking Trip through the Allegheny mountains in North Central Pennsylvania.
Time & Location
May 05, 2:00 PM EDT – May 07, 2:00 PM EDT
Loyalsock State Forest, 517 Sand Spring Rd, Williamsport, PA 17701, USA
About the event
Sold out. RSVP here for our spring waitlist or see the full calendar to RSVP to be notified about registration for our fall trip.
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Co-led by Beth Norcross, Executive Director of The Center for Spirituality in Nature, and Rev. Beth Jones, Executive Director of Deep Green Journey, we will come together for a quiet and spacious weekend together in the beautiful Loyalsock State Forest (about 4 hours from DC). We will meet Friday and spend the night in tents on the grounds of a rustic cabin with outhouse facilities, then begin our backpacking adventure from there on Saturday morning. Anticipate a total of 5-6 miles total for the trip spread over the two days, with some elevation gain and occasional wet and uneven ground. Saturday evening we will camp on the trail and return to the cabin no later than 2:00 pm on Sunday.
Beth Norcross will use her experience in spiritual deepening in nature, and Beth Jones will use her certification in forest bathing to lead us in a deep slowing as we walk gently and contemplatively across the ridges and wrinkles of the mountains.
ABOUT THE JOURNEY
- This program is open to women only.
- All equipment and food will be provided.
- We will provide water for Friday night and Saturday morning, and gather/filter water for the rest of the journey as we go.
- No experience in backpacking is necessary.
- We will be carrying heavy packs and hiking slowly from 2 to 3 miles a day, on good trails that are at times muddy and hilly.
- There will be no restrooms nor running water; there is an outhouse on Friday evening.
- We will follow all federal, state and local Covid-19 guidelines in place at the time of the gathering. Proof of a negative Covid test will be required 24 hours before the program begins. All fees will be fully refundable until March 15, 2023.
- We have two ticket options, Full Price is $375, or pay $475 to help someone attend who needs financial assistance.
- We are planning another trip in Oct of 2023. See our calendar for more.
- We do not want to preclude anyone from participating due to cost. If a ticket becomes available and you need assistance with payment, please let us know.