Fri, Oct 06|
Calendonia State Park
Women's Slow Forest Bathing Backpacking Trip
Journey with us on a mindful Slow Forest Bathing Backpacking Trip through the Michaux State Forest in Pennsylvania to experience first-hand what nature teaches us about hope and spiritual resilience.
Time & Location
Oct 06, 2:00 PM EDT – Oct 08, 2:00 PM EDT
Calendonia State Park, 101 Pine Grove Rd, Fayetteville, PA 17222, USA
About the event
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Co-led by Beth Norcross, Executive Director of The Center for Spirituality in Nature, and Rev. Beth Jones, Executive Director of Deep Green Journey, we will come together for a quiet and spacious weekend together in the beautiful Michaux State Forest (about 2 to 2.5 hours from DC).
Beth Norcross will use her experience in spiritual deepening in nature, and Beth Jones will use her certification in forest bathing to lead us in a deep slowing as we walk gently and contemplatively across the ridges and wrinkles of the mountains. We will introduce several nature-based spiritual practices to enrich your experience of nature and include some simple yoga postures to relieve tired muscles and further center us in this experience.
We will meet Friday and set up camp in Caledonia State Park for the night, where there will be running water and bathrooms. On Saturday morning, we begin our backpacking adventure and camp that evening in a wild area with no running water or facilities. We return to Caledonia State Park by 2pm on Sunday. Anticipate a total of 5-6 miles total for the trip over the two days, with some elevation gain and occasional wet and uneven ground.
ABOUT THE JOURNEY
- This program is open only to those who identify as women in a way that is important to them.
- All equipment and food will be provided.
- We will gather/filter water for use on Saturday and Sunday.
- No experience in backpacking is necessary.
- We will be carrying packs and hiking slowly from 2 to 3 miles a day, on good trails that are at times muddy and hilly.
- We will follow all federal, state and local Covid-19 guidelines in place at the time of the gathering.
- We expect that this trip will fill quickly. We plan to offer more backpacking trips in 2024.
- All fees will be fully refundable until August 15, 2023.
- Our ticket prices for this trip have recently increased to reflect more of the true cost of providing the program, food, equipment, etc. We do not want to preclude anyone from participating due to cost. Please contact email@example.com if you need a scholarship to participate in the program.
Women's Slow Backpacking Trip