Fri, May 17|
Caledonia State Park
Slowing Down in the Wild - Women's Backpacking Trip - Scholarship Ticket Version
Journey with us on a mindful Slow Forest Bathing Backpacking Trip through the Michaux State Forest in Pennsylvania to experience first-hand what nature teaches us about hope and spiritual resilience.
Time & Location
May 17, 2024, 2:00 PM EDT – May 19, 2024, 2:00 PM EDT
Caledonia State Park, 101 Pine Grove Rd, Fayetteville, PA 17222, USA
About the event
SLOWING DOWN IN THE WILD: A backpacking adventure for those who want to take their time and sink into the natural world.
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Beth Jones, Executive Director of Deep Green Journey, and long-time Center partner, will lead this quiet and spacious experience in the beautiful Michaux State Forest (about 2 hours from DC). We will meet on Friday and spend the night in tents, then begin our backpacking adventure from there on Saturday morning. Over the course of two days, we will walk 5-6 miles with some elevation gain and occasional wet, uneven ground. Saturday evening we will camp on the trail before returning to the cabin no later than 2:00 pm on Sunday.
Beth Jones has over 20 years of experience guiding backpack trips and will use her certification in nature and forest therapy to lead us in spiritual engagement and a deep slowing as we walk gently and contemplatively across the ridges and wrinkles of the mountains.
ABOUT THE JOURNEY
- This program is open to those who identify as women in a way that is important to them.
- No experience in backpacking is necessary.
- All equipment and food will be provided.
- We will provide water for Friday night and Saturday morning, and gather/filter water for the rest of the journey as we go.
- We will be carrying packs weighing approximately 25 lbs. and hiking slowly from 2 to 3 miles a day, on well-maintained trails that are at times muddy and hilly.
- We will follow all federal, state and local Covid-19 guidelines in place at the time of the gathering.
To ensure this trip is accessible for all, while also providing for the Center's expenses for this backpacking experience, we have 3 price tiers:
- Full price - $495
- Reduced - $395
- Scholarship - $295
If you need to access the discounted tiers use one of the coupon codes in the ticket description below. Click the "more info" link on the ticket to see details. If you have questions, contact email@example.com.
We expect that this trip will fill quickly. We typically offer a fall trip as well.
- All fees will be fully refundable until March 17, 2024.
- Ticket type
Scholarship Payment 1
This ticket is for Bea Viera to allow her to pay the ticket cost in two installments.Price$147.50Sold Out
- Ticket type
Scholarship Payment 2
This ticket is for Bea Viera to allow her to pay the ticket cost in two installments.Price$147.50